Friday, March 27, 2015

ALIVE IN THE HELL


ALIVE IN THE HELL
=====================

When I am eating delicious foods
In an air-conditioned room,
You are desperately lying hungry
At the roadside under the sun.

When I am puffing my belly,
You are groaning mute
To ease your pains.
Then I say to you " I love you"
Would you believe me?

When you asked "Bread",
I cursed you "Beast",
When you asked "Shelter"
I kicked your "Ass",
Then I say to you " I love you"
Would you believe me?

No Hope, No Future
Where to go, Where to stay, 
You are just a Gypsy Dog,
You die or starve at roadside,
It is not my business.
You just eat the bones and survive,
You are just the "Refugee",
The man of "No Country".

You better go to "HELL"
Instead of "UNHCR".

I have a degree
And I am a doctor,
But I will not give you prescriptions,
I am the lawyer and the officer,
But I will not advocate you.
Then I say to you " I love you"
Would you believe me?

I have a big mouth and stomach,
I stuffed everything to my belly
Like the frog at the early monsoon season
Making a big noise, crying very loudly,
Then I slept in the ground until the rains,
I enjoyed my life underneath the earth,
It indeed is my abode,
The abode indeed is "The HELL"
I am King of the HELL,
"Alive In The Hell"

(Arakan Roma)
Saturday - May 12, 2001 on the 5th Day of Hunger Strike
In Salute to the Hunger Strikers in front of UNHCR office, New Delhi, India.

No comments:

Post a Comment